Friday, November 1, 2013

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

Do you ever look back on your old food photography and go, "Eegad! I posted that?!"

Well, if you say you haven't.... I just might not believe you!

This is another repost from one of my first recipes on the blog. The picture, to say the least, was very embarrassing. Also, I'm pretty sure I had the name on the recipe wrong? Who knows. I wasn't the best blogger in the beginning, and I'm definitely still learning!

One thing I'd love to help me improve my blogging is a DSLR, but I can't afford one at the moment, so I'm just doing my best with my nice little point-and-shoot!



This was a huge hit with my friends when I brought them to a gathering. I'm pretty sure they were gone within the hour. What's great about these is that you make them small so you can eat them in just 2 bites! The pumpkin cookie is dense but fluffy, so there aren't many crumbs to drop, and the buttercream filling just holds it all together!

So you start with making the pumpkin cookie. You've seen them out there, they are more cake-like than cookie-like, but this one has a good amount of ground cinnamon so it tastes a lot like a pumpkin pie! The buttercream is light and fluffy and pairs perfectly with the pumpkin cookie. What a great dessert to bring to fall parties or even Thanksgiving!

Another great thing about this whoopie pie? You can put as much buttercream in the middle as you want! Personally, I like a medium amount of filling so it's in proportion with the cookie flavor, however you can really stuff these things so when you take a bite, buttercream squishes right out!

No comments :

Post a Comment