Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brookie Sandwich



Are you tired of cookie sandwiches yet? No? Good! Because I'm proud to introduce one of the most popular cookie sandwiches I have ever made!

Now, I've seen what seems like hundreds of recipes for pumpkin all over the internet. But I was really skeptical of these chocolate and pumpkin recipes. I thought, "Do what? What an odd combination of flavors..."

But you guys seem to love it. I see pumpkin and chocolate cheesecake, pumpkin and chocolate pie, pumpkin and chocolate tarts, pumpkin bread with chocolate chips, and so on and so forth.

So I decided I was going to hop on this bandwagon in a different manner and go with a chocolate cookie sandwich with pumpkin cream cheese filling!

Boy was I glad I did that.

This chocolate cookie is actually a brookie. A brownie + cookie. It's fudgy, dense, and chewy, just like a brownie! It has three, count 'em, THREE, kinds of chocolate in the recipe. Oh yeah, you read that right.

Once you make the brookies, you'll whip up the cream cheese filling. It's got cream cheese, pumpkin, brown and granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Simple ingredients you keep in your house, and no messy powdered sugar!

I was seriously afraid that the brookie would over power the pumpkin flavor on this recipe, but lo and behold, the were perfect together! You get that rich and semi-sweet flavor of the brookie paired with the creamy, sweet, and pumpkin-y flavor of the filling to create a lovely combination in your mouth. It's hard to explain, but once you make these you'll understand. No wonder people love chocolate and pumpkin together!

Now if I can just find an excuse to make these outside of the holiday season...


No comments :

Post a Comment