Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle Cookie Sandwich



I'm excited to repost this recipe with new photos and adjustments to the recipe to make it better than before! So without further ado, I'm reintroducing: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle Cookie Sandwiches!

It's a mouth full both verbally and literally! But it's totally worth ever single utterance of the word.

You get this super soft and cinnamon-sugary Snickerdoodle cookie that's just too good by itself. Then you take this creamy pumpkin cream cheese filling and sandwich it in between TWO snickerdoodle cookies! Hello! You can't beat that!

The snickerdoodle recipe is easy. It has your basic ingredients in it: Butter, sugar, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Then it's coated in a perfect cinnamon-sugar ratio: 1/4 C granulated sugar + 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon. I actually keep a container of cinnamon-sugar in my baking cabinet so I always have it on hand and don't have to measure it out every time I make a recipe that calls for cinnamon-sugar. Not surprising: I use A LOT of cinnamon-sugar!

The pumpkin cream cheese filling is a great combination of cream cheese, pumpkin puree, light brown and granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. It's just enough spice to taste the flavor of pumpkin pie in your cookie sandwich without overpowering the snickerdoodle cookie!

So, now that this recipe has been re-edited, the photos have been redone (thank goodness! my previous ones were embarrassing!), and it has been successfully judged by a multitude of people, I can now easily say that this is one of the best cookie sandwiches ever!


1 comment :