The Reason I Started Confections + Coffee:I started this blog at the beginning of 2012, mainly just to have a place to store my recipes, to take notes, and to have a place to document my culinary journey. It's growing slowly and I love it more and more each day!
The Reason For My Blog Name:
My grandparents mean the world to me, and have supported me and been there for me through my entire childhood, teenage hood, and into my adult hood. They helped me go to college, they helped me when I was trying to make it on my own, and I will be eternally grateful for their love and presence in my life. One day, I plan to get a coffee cup tattooed behind my left ear!
My blog used to be called Culinary Adventures, which was also featured in a magazine every other week, and the need for an internet presence was not as strong. When I decided that I wanted to put more effort into my blog, I knew I needed a more unique and personal name that fit who I am and what I did. Confections? Check. Coffee? Check.
A Little Bit About Kelli:I am 24 years old!
I just graduated in May 2013 with a degree in design from the University of Oklahoma.
I used to dream of working in a big metro at a design firm coming up with creative solutions to projects every day. Unfortunately in today's economy it's easier said than done and I had the opportunity to stay in Norman, Oklahoma with my boyfriend and settle down. During the last couple of years I constantly watched a show called Unique Sweets, and I saw people doing things I love and that I knew I could do: bake, decorate, and sell! It was then that I decided I wanted to work harder at fulfilling my dream of being a professional baker.
I have a wonderful boyfriend named José, we've been together since September of 2010.
To Sum It Up:I realize that there are tons of food blogs out there with unique themes and styles. I run this blog to share with others the techniques and tools I use in every day baking and cooking, to gain experience in the culinary field, and I hope to one day accomplish my goal of opening a bakery. Until then I will bake with the passion I was born with and love every second of it! Oh, but I can't forget to take coffee breaks. ;)
20 Random Facts About Me:1. I'm left handed, but do many things right handed.
2. My favorite color is purple and my second favorite color is blue.
3. I have a breast cancer ribbon tattoo behind my right ear.
4. I love to knit and sew.
5. I don't watch TV, and don't even have cable.
6. I love good design, and sometimes buy things based purely off of how good the packaging looks.
7. I eat Mexican food regularly.
8. The only TV shows I watch, if I do, are Adventure Time and Kitchen Nightmares (Oh, and Unique Sweets!).
9. I really love organization.
10. I work as a designer and editor in chief for a local magazine.
11. My favorite fashion pattern is stripes.
12. I practice yoga twice a week and I love it.
13. I play video games any chance I get, mostly so I can play Lego video games.
14. I have a purple jelly bean shaped necklace that I adore.
15. I'm obsessed with Harry Potter.
16. I'm also obsessed with Lord of the Rings.
17. I love to read.
18. I own a large majority of Stephen King's books.
19. I like to sing show tunes. (ALL. DAY. As Jose puts it. Haha!)
20. Scarves and belts are my favorite fashion accessories.