Friday, November 15, 2013

Holiday Pretzel Sticks

Thanksgiving seems like it's just around the corner even though we have 13 days left! I don't know what happened, but this week flew by in a flash! 

I don't know about you, but I'm definitely ready for Thanksgiving. I need a break from the quarter-life crisis I seem to be sinking deeper into. Life is tiring, especially when you don't know what you're doing with it, which seems like every day to me lately. BUT, this too shall pass, and I will keep my head up!

The great thing about working from home is that I get to bake and photograph during the day. I don't have to wait until the evening to bake, and I don't have to wait until the weekend to photograph, I can do it the same day! It's very helpful to me and my time management. 

The next several posts will be about snacks that you can make for the holidays. I never get tired of eating pie, but I get tired of people buying store bought cookies instead of making them at home. Granted, some of my family members can't bake, so it's best for them to just run to the store. ;)



I got this idea from a pin I had on my holiday board, but I changed it up a bit. My Chocolate Covered Pretzel Wands were a huge hit, so I thought I'd create a holiday version that just felt so fancy. It hits all the aspects that you'd want a snack to hit: sweet, salty, crunchy, and chewy. 

My pretzel stick creations are always quick and easy. 10-15 minutes tops to make them, 10-15 minutes in the freezer to set them, and they're ready to go! This one is coated in a white chocolate base, then topped with a mixture of toffee, dried cranberries, and dark chocolate. A wonderful and flavorful combination.

What are your plans this weekend? Last minute grocery shopping? The beginning of Christmas shopping? A weekend of relaxation?

For me: I'll be in the city watching Jose in a Jiu Jitsu competition on Saturday and Sunday I'll be doing a photo shoot for my other job! I'm pretty excited!


No comments :

Post a Comment