Thursday, October 31, 2013

Chocolate Covered Pretzel Wands



Ok you Harry Potter nerds (me included), this is a great excuse to make these delicious pretzel wands. Ok, you don't really need an excuse to make these, you can just make them because you want to.

During the holiday season one of my favorite things to make is chocolate covered pretzels. I kid you not, my mom and I would make hundreds of them during Christmas time to give to friends and family as gifts... and also to eat them by ourselves. I think it's one of her favorites, too!

While I was shopping the other day, I was looking for ingredients to make simple Halloween treats that didn't take a lot of time or a lot of ingredients. I was down the chip aisle when I saw the pretzels! I forgot how many different shapes and flavors and kinds there are, but there are a ton. So I saw these pretzel rods and thought, "Hmm... that could be easy, and quicker than the small twists!" and put them in my shopping cart.

These are so simple, a recipe is almost silly. But I'm sure some of you are like me and hit a creative wall every once in a while. That's why I posted several different toppings you can drizzle on these. You can make them all year around, too, if you just decorate them with themed sprinkles and even color the white chocolate!

For the toppings, I melted dark chocolate, caramel, and had some left over white chocolate. I put them in plastic sandwich baggies and snipped the tip off and drizzled them over the dried white chocolate coating. If you want sprinkles on them, you need to sprinkle them on while the chocolate is still wet so they'll stick! You can, of course, leave them plain, like you see in the photo, because they are good just like that!

Alright, enough blabbering. I'm pretty sure this post takes longer to read than to make this recipe!

INGREDIENTS
Optional toppings:
1 bag of pretzel rods
1/2 a brick (12 net wt oz) white almond bark
Dark chocolate chips, melted
Caramel, melted
Festive sprinkles
White chocolate chips, melted
Semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Butterscotch chips, melted
Peanut butter chips, melted

DIRECTIONS
1. In a saucepan on medium-low heat, slowly melt the almond bark. Do not melt too quickly or it will burn. Lay out wax paper on a counter or a few large cookie sheets. Set aside.

2. Once the almond bark is fully melted, dipped/roll/coat the pretzel rods in the bark and gently tap the excess off. To decorate with sprinkles, coat the wand while the bark is still wet. Place on the wax paper and let dry completely.

3. To decorate the pretzel wands with chocolate/caramel/butterscotch, pour the melted toppings into separate sandwich or snack baggies and cut of the tip of the corner. Drizzle onto the wands. Place in the fridge to set completely.

No comments :

Post a Comment