Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mini Pizza Rolls

I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, pizza was my favorite food ever. I loved Mexican food, but I also had a huge space in my heart for pizza. I still do, to this day, but since J doesn't eat pizza, I don't normally get delivery for fear of eating the whole thing by myself (yes, this has happened before).


You just can't go wrong with pizza! You can get any topping, or not topping (my favorite is and always will be cheese), you can get different crusts, you can get dessert sticks or cheese sticks, you can get extra anything you want, because that's how pizza works. It's perfect for families and parties because you can get half cheese and half pepperoni on one pizza. It's just genius to me.



So the other day I was thinking, "Man, I really just want to plain cheese pizza, but I don't want to buy and whole one, nor do I want to leave the house." <--- This is a frequent problem, btw. Then I remembered that I had pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese in my fridge! Ah, yes! I just need a crust of sorts! That's when it hit me: crescent roll dough.

Yes, ladies and gents(?), crescent roll dough pizza rolls. You heard it right, and I bet you are sitting in your chair or on your couch and thinking, "Oh my, that is perfection." Or perhaps you're already running to your fridge to get your ingredients. I don't blame you.


So this recipe is as easy as it sounds. Roll out the crescent roll dough, split in half so you have two pieces of dough with 4 triangles in each. Pinch the dough together to close up the seams, and then pinch the dough on the other side. Spread the sauce thinly and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. If you like mini pepperonis, go ahead and sprinkle them in there. Then roll it up, cut into 8 slices, and place into a greased mini muffin tin. Do this with the other piece of dough. Bake at 375F for 12 minutes and you are ready to go!

Oh, and you're welcome. ;)




No comments :

Post a Comment