Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole

Ack! It's two days until Thanksgiving!

I am so so so so excited for this Thanksgiving! You want to know why? Because I'm bringing some of my own family's traditional recipes to my boyfriend's family gathering. I know that some of you will relate: Another family's Thanksgiving meal just can't compare to the one your family used to make.

So with that being said, I've already made the egg bread for my traditional dressing recipe. I'll be whipping the rest of it up this evening and storing it in the fridge until Thursday morning! I also made a paleo pumpkin pie for the boy, and it came out wonderful, too! Last but not least, I did a new take on sweet potatoes. My mom used to make candied yams. You know the stuff. Oooey, gooey, yummy, marshmallow goodness. Well, I can't handle all that sugar, so I made something healthier but just as good!

This recipe is so simple! Just a handful of ingredients you should have lying around your house and you're good to go! It's as simple as sweet potatoes, cinnamon and spices, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, pecans, and the juice of an orange! Tada! You're done! Enjoy and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

If you want the recipe, just check it out on Soda Pop Avenue's site by clicking here!


No comments :

Post a Comment