Monday, October 1, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars


Pumpkin ALL the things! But really. I mean it. It is FALL! And it's the first day of October! Do you know what that means? Rent is due! And it is socially acceptable to use pumpkin in every dish until New Years. I'm serious.

This recipe was a HIT in my morning design class. Everyone just about jumped for joy (as much joy as you can have at 9:30 in the morning) when I showed up with breakfast on critique day!

I found this recipe on Pinterest, OF COURSE! And if you haven't followed my Board, I have a Pumpkin Cravings Board, that is full of not only pumpkin desserts, but main dishes and appetizers as well!

INGREDIENTS
6 large eggs
1 + 1/2 C vegetable oil
3 C granulated sugar
1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large can (29 oz) pumpkin
3 + 1/4 C flour
1 + 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 + 1/2 tsp salt
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Mix together eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin. Set aside.

3. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Pour dry ingredients into wet and combine.

4. Pour into a 13 x 18in jelly roll pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter. Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into rectangles.

No comments :

Post a Comment