Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Peppermint Pal Cookies

This year I had the chance to participate in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! It was a blast! I got to make some delicious cookies and I got 3 dozen in return!

If you're interested in joining the FB Cookie Swap check out the website here or click on the logo to keep in the loop for next year's event!

I got some great cookies! First, these pretty little cookies from Haute Pepper Bites! They were so good! There wasn't a flavor on the packaging, but I don't judge. I gobbled them up.

Next, I got these Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies from a blogger (I couldn't read the writing) and they were great! I can't remember the last time I had a thumbprint cookie!

Lastly, I got these Eggnog Cookies from Anna Dishes. I don't normally like eggnog, but I LOVED these cookies! They were so good!

On top of that, I got some great swap from Imperial Sugar and OXO. Definitley putting the items to good use! I'm so grateful we got to raise so much money for Cookies for Kids' Cancer!

I was so excited for this cookie swap that I wanted to create an entirely brand new recipe that I've never seen before. I made so many of these durn cookies, that's all I could smell for days! But it's okay, I love cookies, I would happily bake cookies all day every day!



Introducing the Peppermint Pal Cookies! Why are they called Peppermint Pal Cookies? Because it's two of the best cookies pal-ing up together to make an awesome holiday cookie chock full of chocolate chips and peppermint crunch pieces!

What it is: A fudgy chewy chocolate cookie swirled with a perfect chocolate chip cookie and baked to tasty perfection. I'm sure you could even make this without the peppermint pieces and it would be divine year round!

With all of the holiday parties, festive gatherings, and every other social outing you are doing this season, this cookie will solve all of your dish-bringing problems. Let me tell you how:

1. This batch makes approximately 70 cookies. Holy wow. That’s a lot of cookies.
2. This batch sits well in the fridge, where you can use it multiple times for multiple occasions in the span of a couple of weeks. It also freezes well.
3. This batch is festive tasting and looking, full of peppermint crunch, chocolate, and happiness. Yes, it’s chock full of happiness.
4. This batch only takes 15 minutes to bake and cool. Meaning once you prep your dough, it’s in and out of the oven quicker than it takes you to put on that ugly Christmas sweater.
5. This batch has a lot of ingredients, but it so simple to put together, you’ll giggle with excitement.

Just a few notes with this recipe before you get started. 
1. Refrigerate your dough. No matter what you do, put it in the fridge for a couple of hours. Plan ahead if need be.
2. When rolling the dough in a ball, roll it taller than it is wide so it will not spread as much.
3. While baking these cookies, keep the dough you’re not baking in the fridge for maximum thickness of your cookies.
4. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.




4 comments :

  1. Hi Kelli,
    We (Nicole & Susan) sent you the raspberry thumbprint cookies. Sorry you couldn't read the writing. Glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's okay! I thought it was Flours by Four and I couldn't find the blog! Thanks, they were so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the Eggnog cookies!! Happy Holiday Dishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it took me a while to comment. I want to say thank you so much for the amazing cookies! I thought I hated peppermint until I had these. LOVED them. I even did a recent blog post making a peppermint mocha cake because now I know I actually do like it! Thanks for that. lol Also great call on the white and dark combination of the cookie too. Smart idea! Thanks again for sharing. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete