Friday, December 20, 2013

Holiday Chocolate Covered Pretzels



One of my favorite holiday traditions is making chocolate covered pretzels. My mom and I used to make them every Christmas to take to classroom parties or other holiday parties. They are an easy treat to make, they are quick to put together, and it's a very inexpensive snack!



There is one great thing about chocolate covered pretzels: they are easy to make and they have endless possiblities. Today, I'm bringing you Andes Mint chocolate covered pretzels and Peppermint Crunch white chocolate covered pretzels. A festive treat that people will gobble up!

There are only two tips I have for you, but they will save you frustration and time.

1. Heat your chocolate on low heat. If you heat it too quickly, you'll burn it and there goes an entire pound of wasted chocolate. White chocolate is especially sensitive to burning, so keep an eye out while you're melting the chocolate.

2. Use wax paper. I really don't consider this an option. Cover a cookie sheet or your counter with a long piece of wax paper. Setting the chocolate covered pretzels on there to dry is easy, has a quick clean up, and they don't stick.

3. Use almond bark for the coating. I've used several different kinds of chocolate to coat things with, and nothing is easier and tastier than almond bark. Where I'm from, they sell Plymouth Pantry Almond Bark in Chocolate and Vanilla (White Chocolate) flavors.

4. Be creative. Use whatever toppings you want! For the holidays, I buy Andes Mint pieces and Peppermint Crunch pieces. I took these lovelies to a Christmas party and they were a hit! When I make them again, I'm sure I'll coat some in sprinkles, toffee bits, caramel, and whatever else I can think of. Yum!





No comments :

Post a Comment