Friday, April 4, 2014

Funfetti Cookie Sandwiches

You can't go wrong with funfetti cookies. You can't go wrong with classic vanilla buttercream. You can't go wrong putting those two things together. That's exactly what I did.

I got an email last week asking me to do an interview for this blog and my custom orders! The Oklahoma Daily wanted to take a photo shoot of me in all my baking glory Sunday, and I literally got the time settled the night before. So I had to come up with something pretty and quick, which is where I got the idea to make funfetti cookies filled with vanilla buttercream. 

Before I get down to the recipe, I wanted to share with you the newspaper I was in! I was on the FRONT PAGE! How exciting it was to see my kitchen with me in it on the front page of a newspaper!




The recipe is pretty simple, this is a basic sugar cookie full of jimmies. There is a little bit of cream of tartar to give it a delicious sugar cookie kick that I just love. But here are a few tips and tricks to help you bake these cookies successfully. 

1. Butter and egg MUST be at room temperature. Why? Because if you don't, the ingredients will not incorporate right and you will get a crumbly mess of dough. 

2. Use jimmie sprinkles only! If you use nonpareils, you might wind up with a very tie-dye dough. Jimmies are long rice-shaped sprinkles, and nonpareils are the little tiny round sprinkles.

3. Chill for at least 30 minutes, but let the dough sit out for about 30 minutes if you chill the dough overnight. I learned that chilling for 30 minutes developed a perfectly sized cookie, but when I chilled it for a couple of hours, my dough hardly spread and I had thick squatty cookies that didn't look as pretty.





No comments :

Post a Comment