Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Coffee Break #5

Hello friends! I'm trying to pick back up with this blogging business. I've been really busy the last several months and a lot of you know why, but if you don't, grab a cup of coffee and sit down with me for a bit.

In January, I had the exciting opportunity to start working towards opening up a physical bakery in Norman, Oklahoma. I had a lot of signs pointing in the right direction, so I felt obligated to follow the attempts and began learning more about opening up my own business. My partner, Irene, and I worked together to develop a business plan and get things rolling. In February, we decided to try to launch a Kickstarter Project and see if we could get the money raised through pledges of people who supported our idea to open a local bakery in Norman. While the project was a great experience, we did not meet our goal.


At this point in time, I've learned quite a bit about trying to run/start a business. It takes a lot of hard work, a lot of passion, a lot of time, and a lot of knowledge. While I had the first three, I lacked the fourth, and in the end I didn't feel comfortable enough opening a business without knowing what it takes to actually run one. At the moment, Confections + Coffee, Inc. is on hold, and I'm going to take a while to educated myself on the ins and outs of running a baking business, including finances, laws, requirements, time management, employment, and everything in between.

I'm not sure if I will ever open the bakery, but in the end, I am so glad I tried to follow my dreams and am proud to say I took the risk just to see what it would be like. I'm young and have plenty of time to gain experience about the baking industry, and if I do decided to open a bakery later on in life, I know it will be right when I need to.

No comments :

Post a Comment