Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cinnamon Honey Scones


Here's what happens to me when I start pinning. I find like a million things I want to try and not enough time to try them. Welcome to Kelli's Baking Problems. I love love breakfast, I would eat breakfast for lunch and dinner as well. You name it, I like it: oatmeal, grits, pancakes, waffles, cinnamon rolls, coffee, eggs and bacon, french toast, cinnamon toast, biscuits and gravy, chilaquiles, and on and on and on.

 
I've never gotten the chance or had enough of a reason to make scones, but then one day I got the sudden urge to bake some cinnamon/sugar sweets. Oh how I love cinnamon sugar! It's my favorite flavor ever. Seriously. Ever. And what's great about scones is that they hold up really well and I can make a batch and eat it all before it goes bad! Woohoo! For example, this recipes makes 8 scones, so I have 8 days to eat one each day for breakfast. Simple math, really. Unless I eat more than one!


So this recipe is a little more unique than a basic scone recipe. It uses honey instead of sugar and vanilla extract and the only thing to sweeten it is the topping and glaze. Personally, I do not like powdered sugar glaze, so I topped my scones with local honey instead. This glaze recipe is purely optional and if you want, you can opt out of the glaze or make your own.



No comments :

Post a Comment