Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Quick and Easy Pizza Bread

Pizza is amazing. I love pizza. I swear that I was born Italian because I love anything with tomato sauce, basil, and mozzarella. Who doesn't? Basil (newly discovered that it's pronounced like Baz-ill) is one of my favorite herbs in the kitchen.


This is a recipe that can be altered to fit anyone's particular food desires. For example, today I only wanted cherub tomatoes, mozzarella, and garlic powder. Had I the time to make something "fancier" I definitely could have.

Ingredients:
Italian bread - sliced (I prefer the fresh loaves at a bakery, and I do prefer Italian over French. Yes, there is a difference!)
Butter (optional)
Garlic powder
Tomatoes - diced
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Any other ingredient you desire: basil, pepperoni, mushroom, onion, etc.

Directions:
1. Turn your oven on to broil.

2. Take your slices of bread and butter (optional). Sprinkle a bit of garlic powder onto each slice. Top with whatever your heart desires. Save the cheese for last, so it can melt onto everything else (yum!).

3. Place in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Be sure to check on it and don't burn your meal!


No comments :

Post a Comment