It's that time of year! Saint Patrick's Day is right around the corner and I can guarantee everyone is getting excited for some reason or another. For example, I am excited that spring is here because it's almost my birthday and I'm about to graduate in May! Eeeee!
This delectable little bites of chocolate are just wonderful. They can be made with or without Irish cream liqueur. I actually found them on AllRecipes, which is one of my preferred "commercial" recipe sites.
2 family size boxes of fudge brownie mix
1 C Irish cream liqueur (like Baileys) (for non-alcoholic version, use heavy cream)
2/3 C vegetable oil
Icing on top:
1 C unsalted butter, softened
5 tbsp Irish cream liqueur (or heavy cream)
4 C powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a cupcake tin with cooking spray
3. Beat together the brownie mix, 1 cup Irish liqueur, vegetable oil, and eggs until the mixture is smooth.
4. Pour large spoonfuls into the cupcake tins and bake until the centers come out clean when a toothpick is inserted. This is around 20 minutes. Let the brownies cool.
5. For the icing, beat the butter until it's creamy, add in the liqueur until incorporated. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until desired consistency. Scoop or spread onto brownies.