Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fluffy Peanut Butter Pie - Fair-sday - Welcome + 1st Recipe!

Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted on here and it's about due time.

I've decided, after several weeks of consideration, to share some of my awesome award winning recipes with you!

This year I entered 12 entries into the Oklahoma State Fair Creative Arts Competition! Yes, you read that right! TWELVE. ENTRIES.

I must've been nuts, I have a full time job, my deadlines were on the weekend (busiest time of the week at my job), and on top of that, I had a little boy's birthday to decorate cupcakes for and attend, AS WELL AS taking an impromptu trip to see Phantom of the Opera the night before everything was due.

Worth every memory I made.


So! My results were as follows:
1st place & 3rd Overall - Carrot Bread
1st place - Pumpkin Bread
1st place & Second Overall - Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate Buttercream
3rd place - Strawberry Lemon Cake with Strawberry Buttercream
1st place - Oatmeal Cookies
1st place - Shower Cupcakes (decorations)
2nd place - Holiday Cupcakes (decorations)

3rd place - Birthday Cupcakes (decorations)
1st place - Berry Cobbler
2nd place - Fruit Cobbler
3rd place - Fluffy Peanut Butter Pie (Right here on this post!)

That's a lot of placing! The ones that have links are recipes I've posted before, but the rest of them I plan on sharing over the course of November! So get excited! You're about to get some delicious award-winning recipes!

Today I'll be sharing with you the delicious Fluffy Peanut Butter Pie! I know it's starting to get cold in some places around here, but if you love peanut butter, you are going to LOVE this recipe!



A funny story - When they were judging this pie, they debated over disqualifying me because the category was "Pie - Nut (Any)." Well, I had put peanut butter in the pie, but no physical trace of nuts were in it! So they had to consult the officials and determine if my pie was technically a "nut" pie. In the end, I won 3rd place. I definitely took a huge risk in not putting nuts in or on the pie, but it's so creamy and wonderful, I didn't want to lose that texture. I'll know better for next year. :)







No comments :

Post a Comment