Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

Talk about an amazing, quick, delicious, superb treat! I had a flat tire and a friend of mine changed it for me. In return, I made him some cookies. He deserved them after all! He likes red velvet, but as much as I owed him a favor, I was not about to make him a red velvet cake. (Sorry Robert!) Then I came across this recipe, and thought it would surely be a hit. They were amazing!


Ingredients:
6 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
A box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
1/2 C powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line two cookie sheets with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl and set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine butter, eggs and red velvet cake mix until there are no large lumps left.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls (about 1 tablespoon worth of dough) and coat in powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches for spreading.

3. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops have cracked and the tops look set (the centers will still be gooey). Let sit for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.

4. Store in an air-tight container, but believe me, they'll be gone before you know it!

No comments :

Post a Comment