Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Inside Out Chocolate Covered Strawberries

I'm a little behind on my blogging, I've been super busy trying to keep up with school and my job, etc. So I'm sorry if you weren't able to find any recipes since February!

This recipe is a fun one for a romantic evening, for a birthday, or what have you. I would make them on any occasion I could since they aren't that guilty if you use the three ingredient chocolate in one of my other posts.


Ingredients:
2-4 squares of semi-sweet chocolate almond bark (depending on how much you want to use)
1 pint of strawberries (the larger the better)

Directions:
1. In a sauce-pot, melt the chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally and being careful not to burn.

2. While melting chocolate, wash the strawberries and hull them. This is cutting of the top where the green stem is, and scooping out the middle with a thin knife or strawberry huller.

3. Cut the tip of the strawberry off so it stands on its own. (Look at the picture for an example)

4. Once the chocolate is melted, let it cool for a couple of minutes. Dip the tip of each strawberry into the chocolate and place onto wax paper and let harden. This will give it a base to stand on!

5. Pour some of the chocolate into a plastic sandwich baggie. Using the baggie like an icing bag, cut off the tip and fill each strawberry with chocolate. Once filled, decorate the top as your desire.

6. Store in a plastic container in the fridge for up to one week. They won't last very long! Enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment