Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cinnamon Strawberry Quinoa

Good morning my adventurers! Do you know what month it is? It's national breakfast month! Woohoo! I love breakfast! I wish I had more time to eat breakfast in the mornings, but I usually get up too late for class to fix anything.

I woke up this morning feeling like major meh. I just don't feel well at ALL! But I wanted breakfast because I was hungry, but nothing too sweet or too heavy so I wouldn't regret it later. I've had this recipe pinned forever, but just never had strawberries and quinoa at the same time. That's right! Quinoa for breakfast!

Quinoa is pronounced "Keen-Wah."

So here is the cool thing abut Quinoa. It's just plain delicious. I love it. It also goes with everything. Literally everything. And this morning I mixed it with strawberries!


INGREDIENTS
1 C water
1/2 C quinoa
1/3 C almond milk
1 C fresh strawberries
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Drizzle of honey (as a topping)

DIRECTIONS
1. In a pot over high heat place your 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling add in your dry quinoa. Return to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.

2. At the 15 minutes pour in your 1/3 cup milk of choice and add in your remaining ingredients and flavorings and stir together for about another 5 minutes.

3. Remove from heat and pour into your bowl, drizzle some honey on top.

No comments :

Post a Comment