Saturday, September 8, 2012

Blueberry Monkey Bread

Good Morning! I usually don't have time to eat breakfast, regardless, I still enjoy it! Maybe not at 8 when I wake up, sometimes I eat it on the weekend, like as we speak. I'm sitting at my desk with the windows open (it's cool outside!), a cup of coffee, and eating the monkey bread I'm posting on here. It's quite relaxing.




Look at these beautiful photos! Doesn't it look amazing? It's such a nice breakfast treat. It's not super sweet, it's not super heavy, which is how I like my breakfast. I have a tendency to get sick in the morning if I eat something too rich or heavy, my stomach can't handle it. But these are definitely a good trade off, I could eat these often! Oh, and this is called monkey bread, and I found the recipe here.

INGREDIENTS
2 - 11 oz. packages Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza Dough
1/2 C strawberries
1/2 C blueberries
1 tbsp sugar
1 - 8 oz. package of cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons sugar

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Spray an 11-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray and set aside.

2. Place all berries, cream cheese, and 1 tablespoon of sugar into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth (about 1 - 2minutes).

3. Lightly flour a surface, and roll out a crust and spread evenly with the berry mixture leaving a 1" border around the edges.

4. Roll the dough up like a jelly log or cinnamon roll and cut them into 1 inch pieces.

5. Place each piece of dough into the spring-form pan, placing them close together. Sprinkle dough with remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and bake for 35 minutes or until bread is lightly golden. Serve warm.

No comments :

Post a Comment