Sunday, October 18, 2015

Reese's Cookie Bars

Hello readers! 

I know, I know. It has been almost a YEAR since I last posted, and I am so so so sorry about that. My job has taken over my life and leaves me little time to do recipe developing on the side. Also, my laptop went capoot, so I am currently typing this on my iPad. It's weird.

Anyways, I'd thought I'd bring you a pretty simple recipe today. It involves two ingredients. Make it 3 if you want to add sprinkles. This recipe is also quite versatile. You can make it with any shape of Reese's candy, any kind of cookie dough (personal,y I'd keep to chocolate chip, but that's my favorite!), you can change up the color of sprinkles to match the season. It's so easy!


Look at dat Reese pumpkin. Delish. 


I love Reese cups, shapes, pieces. I love it all. It's really the only candy I make the conscious decision to buy from time to time. Crazy, huh?

Alright, enough with chit chat, I hope you enjoy!

Reese's Cookie Bars

Ingredients:
1 package or tube of chocolate chip cookie dough
A handful of Reese cups or shapes, chilled for easier cutting
Seasonal sprinkles

Directions.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9" x 9" pan with aluminum foil.
2. Take the dough and press evenly in the 9" x 9" pan. Yes, it will be thin.
3. Take your chilled Reese cups and sprinkle them over the dough, the slightly press into the dough. Feel free to chop them up to make them smaller and more evenly spread. 
4. Sprinkle the top with your favorite seasonal jimmies.
5. Bake for about 18 minutes and check for doneness. You want the outside of the cookie bars to be baked but the inside can be slightly undercooked. If not baked to your liking, continue baking at 3 minute intervals until it is.
6. Let the bars cool completely before cutting and serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. 

No comments :

Post a Comment