Monday, August 18, 2014

S'mores Cookies

A soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie with graham crackers and marshmallows bits baked in. A perfect campfire treat without the mess!


 Don't you just love cookies? I know I do. Cookies are probably one of my favorite desserts ever. I love a plain chocolate chip cookie or a plain sugar cookie like nobody's business. Just cookies in general though have a soft spot in my heart.

It's that time of year now when the sun is rising later, it's getting *slightly* cooler, and kids are starting back to school. The end of summer has always been bittersweet to me, but now that I'm out of school, it just means the days are starting to get cooler and the sun is coming up later. That's okay with me, because now I have a recipe to keep summer with me all year long: S'mores Cookies!

These cookies are great. They have a wonderful chewy texture that I just love about cookies. Then, they're mixed with graham crackers, chocolate chips, and Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits (just like the ones found in your hot chocolate!). There is also a secret ingredient that keeps these cookies moist and soft: cornstarch!


This recipe is simple, quick, and you can bake up a batch in less than an hour. Most of the ingredients you should already have in your kitchen, sans the Mallow Bits which you can find at Target.

Just a few tips to help you out with these cookies:
1) The egg: All you have to do is whisk an egg in a small bowl and pour in half. Make these in the morning while you're making breakfast and you won't waste half an egg!

2) Mini chocolate chips are better because they're about equal in size to the mallow bits. If you make these cookies with a smaller cookie scoop, it all bakes better as well. Regular size chocolate chips are fine, there will be just bigger chunks of chocolate in your cookie.

3) Chill the dough. It's important if you want a thick and fluffy cookie to chill your dough. It only takes 30 minutes, so go do the dishes or fold the laundry, then pop these bad boys in the oven.




No comments :

Post a Comment