Thursday, May 30, 2013

Homemade Queso

I can openly admit that I have a problem. With cheese. I love cheese. Preferably queso with tortilla chips. I could and probably do eat chips and queso about 4 times a week. It's ridiculous, but I just love the tasty appetizer!


I got this recipe from Kitchen Simplicity and will probably make it frequently. It's better (in my opinion) to Velveeta or nacho cheese sauce. It's not as heavy, and it has the delicious creamy texture. It also take about 5 minutes to make! Perfect!

Ingredients:
4 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded
4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk, divided
2 tsp hot sauce
Pinch of salt

Directions:
Toss together cheese and cornstarch, in a medium-sized saucepan, until evenly coated. Stir in 1 cup evaporated milk, the hot sauce and salt. Cook, stirring often, over medium-low heat until thickened, smooth and bubbly. Stir in additional evaporated milk, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.

No comments :

Post a Comment