Friday, January 11, 2013

Tomatillo Salsa & Baked Tortilla Chips

I kind of concocted this recipe myself, with a little help from the internet. I don't know about other people, but I absolutely love tomatillos and any form of green salsa you can give me. I wouldn't say my acid reflux loves me for that one, though. I usually have to take tums later on because of all the spicy! But it's totally worth it.


Tomatillo Avocado Salsa:

Ingredients:
6 small tomatillos - husked, rinsed, & quartered
1 jalapeno pepper - chopped
1 avocado - pitted & chopped
1 clove garlic - peeled & chopped
1/2 c. packed cilantro leaves
heaping 1/2 tsp salt
squeezed juice of half lime

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse to combine and get the juices flowing. Puree on low speed until a smooth mixture is formed.

Baked Corn Tortilla Chips:

Ingredients:
1 - 12 oz. package corn tortillas
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.

3. Combine oil and lime juice. Using a spray bottle, lightly mist the tortillas.

4. Combine the spices and sprinkle on top of the tortillas.

5. Bake for 7 minutes, rotate and bake for another 7 minutes until crisp.

No comments :

Post a Comment