Tomatillo Avocado Salsa:Ingredients:
6 small tomatillos - husked, rinsed, & quartered
1 jalapeno pepper - chopped
1 avocado - pitted & chopped
1 clove garlic - peeled & chopped
1/2 c. packed cilantro leaves
heaping 1/2 tsp salt
squeezed juice of half lime
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse to combine and get the juices flowing. Puree on low speed until a smooth mixture is formed.
Baked Corn Tortilla Chips:Ingredients:
1 - 12 oz. package corn tortillas
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
3. Combine oil and lime juice. Using a spray bottle, lightly mist the tortillas.
4. Combine the spices and sprinkle on top of the tortillas.
5. Bake for 7 minutes, rotate and bake for another 7 minutes until crisp.