Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Fresh Strawberry Cake with Vanilla Buttercream


Tis the season for fresh berries galore! Every where I go, there are tons of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries! I get so excited because berries are my favorite things ever, and I eat them constantly during the spring and summer.


My one goal that I've had the last several months was to create a recipe for strawberry cake that didn't have any jell-o or preservatives in it. It might've been one of the most impossible things I have done, and every recipe I tried yielded to a weird cake that didn't taste right. Then, I finally found it.

This recipe is so simple, it's just a handful of ingredients, everything you should have on hand to bake this tasty cake. Just run to the store to grab some strawberries (or grab 'em from your fridge if you have a plethora like yours truly) and bake away! It's quick and easy and all you use is one bowl, a blender or food processor, and one spoon. Seriously, it's that easy to make a fresh berry cake! I haven't tried it yet, but I'm wondering if this would go over well with blackberries or raspberries??? Let me know if you try it!


No comments :

Post a Comment